4 Things Not To Do With Facebook Advertising
How To Lower Your Facebook Cost Per Click (CPC)
Learning how to lower your facebook cost per click (cpc) can be a pretty frustrating task, especially when facebook advertising acts surprisingly different from Google Adwords.
How To Pay Too Much For Facebook Advertising
- Don’t create boring ads
- Why? Because I said so. Well, there’s more to it. Basically, a boring ad doesn’t get clicked, and if Facebook sees your ad sucking, it’s not going to show it anymore, or they’re going to charge you out the “you know what” for it. Wouldn’t you? If you were only charging people every time their ad got clicked, you would want awesome ads getting clicked all the time. Make sense?
- Don’t use your company logo as your image
- This is Step #1 toward creating boring ads. If you’re a consumer, do you care about someone’s logo? No! You don’t. You want your problem solved. Sadly, a logo can’t accomplish the task. You have to grab attention with your ad image…that’s the best part about Facebook Ads.
- Don’t use you ad text to describe features or tell people what you company does.
- Again, people are selfish by nature. What I mean is, we want our problems solved. We don’t care that you using double plated glass to create our back-door, we care that our family room stays quiet because of it. Ask yourself, “So What?” when you’re writing your ad copy.
- Don’t create 1 or 2 ads and assume they’re the best ads ever created in the history of facebook advertising. First of all, facebook makes it way too easy to duplicate ads with their “create a similar ad” feature that you literally have no excuse for running only a handful of ads. Create multiple ads, test them against each other, and select the winner. This way, you’re guaranteeing a better ROI because your CTR will increase and your cost will decrease.
Get 10,000 fans is about helping real companies get real results using the power of marketing on Facebook with fan pages, groups, events, and advertising.